Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I have returned...



Kinch Snr & Jnr on the way back from Oxford

...whole and hearty, though somewhat soggier than planned.

Our trip to Britain was wonderful. We covered quite a lot of ground and I think it might actually be worthy of a Bob Cordery style travelogue. I regret not bringing my SLR, though I took a lot of pictures on the phone.

Highlights of the trip included -

- having breakfast with Old John and meeting Mrs Old John. I got a tour of the wargames room and returned with many, many figures.

- Worcester Cathedral. Words fail me. What a building and what a welcome.

- attending a sung Eucharist in Christchurch, Oxford. A wonderful service.

Britain is experiencing some pretty extreme weather at present, but fortunately it didn't really impinge on us until we were on our return journey. A great deal of credit must go to the road crews and police we saw on the way back, doing a hard job under pretty lousy circumstances. Well done chaps.

It was great to get home and see Mrs Kinch and the cats. I have a lot of blog posts to catch up on and some questions from Dave to answer.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good trip. You might want to stray a bit further north next time...
    Where did you find that photo of the field I walk the dog in? It's been a bit moist here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was alright. We left Oxford at 0730 and arrived Holyhead 1645.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you have needed the self loading rifle for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was coming to visit me remember, had to protect his wallet
      cheers Old John

      Delete