Monday, June 27, 2016

Keeping on, keeping on.


Some day their paint will come...


There's been very little progress on the painting front of late, though I did take delivery of some additional Indian and Ottoman cavalry for Afghanistan and the Crimea respectively, thanks to the good offices of Mark Bevis.  These chaps are some Italeri French hussars that are needed to finish two units of French light horse that I have been tipping away at for a while.








In the meantime, Mrs Kinch and I retired to the country where Mrs. Kinch senior has a cottage and a garden.  Our two day rural idyll was mainly spent sleeping and reading - but I took an occasional curative gin and tonic (for my health, you understand) in the garden. It occurred to me that there are some of you that like that sort of thing and so I thought I'd share a few pictures.

I hope you enjoy them.






















































24 comments:

  1. Very tranquil setting for a brief respite. Lovely photos but get back to work on your cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A veritable rural idyll indeed.Thanks for posting the lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was your gardening pictures that put me in mind of them.

      Delete
  3. I love that Italeri Hussar box. Lovely figs. Garden's lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely aren't they? A very versatile set of figures.

      Delete
  4. That looks quite lovely. Glad you had a nice relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and tranquil. All you need now is a trilby straw hat and a table with your paints on to 'maximise' the joy of your outdoor medicinal liquor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lovely place for a break. Those hussars are coming along nicely too. I've got a box of them kicking around somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone does - they're a cracking set. I finished them off eventually.

      Delete
  7. A most idyllic scene! I trust you're feeling rested and that the G&T had the desired effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greenery truly is a restorative... especially when served in the form of cucumber in your G&T... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh. . . Another G&T, please Conrad. Happy you two had such a pleasant escape.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  10. None of the above countryside is English to be sure!

    You'll need to polish up your geography Mr Rat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a splendid garden, but you forgot to include a pic of the Gin n Tonic....

    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came to a bad end as all G&Ts must.

      I mourn its loss, but appreciate its sacrifice.

      Delete
  12. Curiously the Irish countryside appears to be slightly less well stocked with mannerly homicidal maniacs than the English equivalent.

    ReplyDelete